A Day Without Food

2 Nov

This is a food blog. I think we can all agree on that, amiright? Good.

Well, yesterday, I WASN’T ALLOWED TO EAT ANY FOOD. I feel like I wasted a day of my life. I like food that much. Silly medical procedures. Which, BTW, if you’re reading this (Well, at least right when I posted it.) I’m probably getting a tube shoved down my throat. Yay!

So what does a day without food consumption look like? Kind of boring, really. But I thought I’d share it with you anyway. My day even involved food, even though I couldn’t eat it. That’s how much I like it.

So, First things first, I made dinner for tonight. Anesthesia and me don’t really get along well and I figured I’d have a sore throat, so I made soup yesterday for today. BAD IDEA. It smelt soooooo good. It was probably like, the greatest thing I’ve ever smelt. I wish they made a candle that smelled similar. (Is it smelt or smelled? I can’t decide.)

I made Oh She Glow’s Vegan Tortilla Soup. I couldn’t even taste it because it was red and I wasn’t allowed to have red liquids. Ugh.

Then, I did some boring stuff, like homework. ewe.

And some more food involved activities, I planned out the dinner menu for the next week. It’s probably my favorite thing to do. Besides grocery shopping. (Am I weird?) I also created a pretty baller Thanksgiving menu. I’m going to test run all the recipes to make sure they’re good, so stay tuned for that! I’ve discovered that my best ideas for food come when I’m famished. Go figure.

Just a few of the cookbooks I get recipe ideas from!

I also played with my watercolor paints. I’ve always been really interested in learning how to paint with watercolors, and I don’t want to splurge on the legit water color paints and brushes, so I just kind of fool around with my Crayola paints that were a $1.99. Cheap hobby!

And finally.. I may or may not have had a movie marathon. And The movies involved may or may not have been one or more of these:

Check out my gross pea colored walls! Still need to paint them!

This photo was taken at 11 last night. I look pretty happy for being food deprived for 24 hours, don’t I?

I also watched Ninja Turtles one and two. Does that redeem my movie choices any? I don’t know what’s up with me lately, watching movies from my childhood days. A couple days ago I mentioned on Twitter how I was having a Ghostbusters’s movie marathon. Why can’t they make movies like that anymore?

And I just wanted to squeeze in here, thanks to all of you who offered me some help and tips on making seitan in my post yesterday. It was all really helpful, and I may be trying it again soon!

Overall, today was a pretty lazy day, but hey, what do you expect when you can’t eat anything? I didn’t want to do anything too strenuous (Not that I ever do…) So I just took it easy.

Do you ever have lazy days? What do you like do to relax?

About these ads

14 Responses to “A Day Without Food”

1. Christine November 2, 2011 at 9:43 am #

Your version of a “lazy day” is still pretty productive if you ask me, haha!

When I have a lazy day, I usually 1) don’t get dressed, 2) don’t brush my hair, 3) don’t leave my apartment, 4) eat nothing but dried/canned goods from my cupboards instead of making real food, 5) spend most of the day watching TV and randomly falling asleep, 6) ignore anyone and everyone who calls in an attempt to make me deviate from any of the aforementioned activities (or lack thereof).

Anyways… yeah. I hope you feel better soon! Tubes down the throat are no fun!

• A Tablespoon of Liz November 2, 2011 at 7:40 pm #

Yeah, now that I did look back on it I did get quite a bit done, didn’t I? lol.

2. Alexandra November 2, 2011 at 11:12 am #

Congrats on surviving my friend! :D looks like you had a really great day despite the lack of noms!
    I’m diggin the movie marathon too, I definitely need to do that this weekend haha

3. Em (@Pureglow16) November 2, 2011 at 11:44 am #

good job doing it! that would be really hard! i’ve done that before. and im usually moody :)

4. lactosefreelizzie November 2, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

omg i could never hav gone a day w/o food!
    props to you!

5. Errign November 2, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

I like to read, blog, watch TV…lazy is fun! Hope you’re doing okay :)

6. lapiattini November 2, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

That must’ve been tough! Looks like you did a good job keeping busy and keeping your mind off food :)

7. fitinthemidwest November 2, 2011 at 4:07 pm #

I am rarely lazy–even my day without food, today (as you saw, how weird!), I have been staying busy by blogging, taking pictures, writing future blog posts, reading magazines and a book. I did take a nap though and once I started having odd nightmares, I woke right up.

Hope your EGD went well! I am not looking forward to my procedures tomorrow, but I will be happy when they are over with and I can eat again.

8. IHeartVegetables November 2, 2011 at 10:01 pm #

Haha I love how even when you couldn’t eat, you still cooked! That’s SO something I would do!

I actually can’t STAND lazy days! I mean, I like days where I don’t have anything planned, but I can so not sit still!!! haha I’m always doing SOMETHING!

I hope everything went well!

9. Professor Vegetable November 3, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

I need more lazy days. Even when I am not working I still seem to always be busy!

10. naturalnoshing November 3, 2011 at 12:36 pm #

Props to you Liz! You go girl, I couldn’t survive without food for a day :(
    As for Ninja Turtles – you are my kind of gal! LOVED them growing up and I need to watch a movie soon – oh the memories!!!

11. Nicole November 3, 2011 at 1:00 pm #

Isn’t weird how when you can’t eat all you can think about is food? I can relate to what you were going through because I had a colonoscopy a few months ago and the hardest part was not being able to eat! Glad everything went well with your procedure!

12. Maggie Muggins November 10, 2011 at 3:47 pm #

Well if you’re weird then I guess that means that I am too. Grocery shopping and menu planning are two of my favorite things!
    Sorry to hear you had to go a full day without food, that’s rough.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. A Day With Food « A Tablespoon Of Liz - November 3, 2011

[…] Everyone! Thank you all so much for your well wishes on my post yesterday! My post yesterday was all about my lazy  Tuesday, but a couple of you pointed out how […]