Thanksgiving Recap

26 Nov

Howdy ya’ll! I hope your Thanksgiving’s were a blast, I know mine was! I’m still soooo full, from having leftovers! (I wrote this post last night…) I had so much fun hanging out with my family, I can’t wait until Christmas!

I didn’t take a lot of great photos… (And of course, I didn’t take any of any humans. Silly me.) but I wanted to share with you all everything I made for my Very Vegan Thanksgiving!

TONS of prep work and chopping where involved…

I made this loaf from Oh She Glows: (BEST loaf ever, it didn’t crumble or anything!)

I made roasted brussels sprouts… pretty easy, just roasted them with a little onion and salt and pepper.

I also made mashed cauliflower, from Appetite for Reduction… ummm, probably better than any cream and butter laded mashed potatoes EVER. Soooo good, I can’t get over it.

And of course, I made stuffing, but I think I’m going to save that recipe for another day. It was pretty simple, but once again, soooo good!

I also made the chickpea gravy from Appetite for Reduction. I can even explain how much flavor this stuff had. Definitly a family favorite. At least between my mom and I.

My plate, before I dumped gravy on everything. And I mean, everything.

For dessert, I made the Apple Cider Cupcake recipe from Vegan cupcakes around the world, but I made it into a cake instead.

It was a little sweet, but really good. It tasted just like apple cider, no joke!!

For having some serious food differences, my family gets along pretty swell, even at the dinner table. I was a little upset though, I made some homemade bread (Does anyone else think that homemade bread is the greatest thing in the world, like me?) And my extended family only ate the loaf of bread that had in the freezer from Walmart. I’m all about eating what you want, but I was a little sad. : ( Homemade bread is so good. Oh well I guess, more for me!!

Whether homemade bread was consumed or not, I had an awesome day! (Or two days I guess, and there’s still more leftovers!!)

Do you eat the same things as  your family on Thanksgiving, or do you make different food? Do you like homemade bread?

About these ads

19 Responses to “Thanksgiving Recap”

1. vegansunshine November 26, 2011 at 9:07 am #

Wow, that loaf looks amazing! I should have made something like that for everyone, it looks really good!

Whitney

2. Alexandra November 26, 2011 at 9:19 am #

Wow what a delicious feast! I’m coming over for some of that loaf ;) Glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

3. fitinthemidwest November 26, 2011 at 9:29 am #

I just don’t eat the turkey on Thanksgiving. :) I would have definitely had your homemade bread–so much better than Walmart bread!

4. An Unrefined Vegan November 26, 2011 at 10:40 am #

Incredible and yummy-looking feast!! Great job. I SO hear you about the homemade bread – some folks just are used to the stuff you get in the store. Totally weird in my opinion ;-). Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

• A Tablespoon of Liz November 26, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

So true, some people are just so used to certain things they can’t appreciate what else is out there. Oh well, their loss!

5. alternative eating November 26, 2011 at 11:39 am #

Since I am in Norway this year, there were no Thanksgiving. But I found some pumpkin, and made some small things. Everything you made looked so good:) I am so glad that you had a great Thanksgiving:)

• A Tablespoon of Liz November 26, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

That’s awesome that you were still able to get a taste of thanksgiving though! Pumpkin is the best!!

6. LightOnMyFeet November 26, 2011 at 11:47 am #

I made homemade rolls for thanksgiving and ohhh myy gooossshhh. They were amazing! That was my first time making homemade bread and it was soo much better than store bought. Seriously, I’m obsessed. I’m seriously considering being a bread maker ahaha. I would love to sit there and make bread all day. It smells so wonderful! I’m glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving though! And I’m not going to lie all that vegan food looks delicious! :)

• A Tablespoon of Liz November 26, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

yuumm, homemade rolls are the best! And yeah, homemade bread is so much fun to make! (But probably even more fun to eat… lol)

7. Amanda November 26, 2011 at 5:22 pm #

Your Thanksgiving dishes look delicious! And I’ve had my eye on that Apple Cider Cupcake recipe. I’ll have to give it a try, but I may try it as a cake like you did. It’s beautiful!

8. pbbrittany November 26, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

All of the food looks, and sounds so delicious! It looks like you had a fantastic thanksgiving! I’d be pretty sad about people not eating my bread either…but like you said, more for you! eat up girly :P

9. KatsHealthCorner November 27, 2011 at 1:38 am #

Homemade bread is the BEST!!!!!!! :D I’m sorry your family didn’t eat it. I’ve had people not eat it because they are so used to that processed white stuff. :( It’s really hard sometimes. But at least there’s more for you! :)

10. Edible Psychology November 27, 2011 at 6:04 am #

This looks delicious! And I love homemade bread. It’s a shame all of your guests didn’t appreciate your hard work, but I am sure it was delicious!

11. Christine November 28, 2011 at 2:11 am #

Aw, haha! I would have been bummed out about the bread, too.

When you love to cook and bake, there’s this weird compulsion to feed other people. I’ve had family and friends bitch me out for phoning them up at weird hours and harassing them about eating my stuff. Like…

“Hello?”
    “Heyyyyy, mom.”
    “What’s up — it’s late. What’s going on?”
    “Oh, nothing. Just wondering if you saw that cake I left you on the counter. You know, it’s by the fruit bowl. I wrapped it. It’s sitting there. Just wondering if you tried it or not.”
    “Well, I saw it, but I just got in and I’m about to go to bed, so maybe in the morning.”
    “Nooo, mom. It’s really good, I swear — you have to try it now. Just try a bite now. C’mon, do it.”
    “No, I’d rather have it in the morning with tea or coffee. I’m about to go to bed.”
    “C’monnnnn, mom — it’s just downstairs, it’s so close. It’s, like, right there. Just a bite, tell me what you think, cuz I know you’re going to like it. It’s really good and you should try it noooow.”
    “I’m just about ready for be–”
    “Mom, noooooo. Take a bite. Take a bite. Take a bite. C’monnnnn, go try it and take a bite. Just one, one bite, moooooooooooooooooooooooooooom, c’monnnnnnnn–”

*click*

IT’S TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE, OKAY?

• A Tablespoon of Liz November 28, 2011 at 8:59 am #

hahaha, I loved everything about this. And it’s so true about wanting to feed people, lol!

12. Noreen November 29, 2011 at 2:11 pm #

This all looks so delicious! I have been looking for a good veggie loaf recipe, thanks for the tip!

13. megsappenfield December 6, 2011 at 10:26 am #

That cake looks ah-mazing. As in, I need an oven STAT so I can replicate it immediately if not sooner. Definitely going on the list to make for my return to America!

14. caloricandcrazy December 10, 2011 at 7:32 pm #

That cake looks FANTASTIC! :D

I’m drooling with envy! ;)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tis the Season « A Tablespoon Of Liz - November 28, 2011

[...] and hearing about everyone’s Thanksgiving! Sounded like everyone had a blast, I know I did! But now we can move [...]