Things I’m Excited About

12 Dec

Howdy Everyone!! I hope you’re all staying warm, and for those of you who actually live in a warm area, I hate you.

Kidding! While I do love a warm day, I’m definitly more of a cold weather kinda gal. Give me a snowsuit over a swimsuit any day!

Anyway, I’ve been taking a mosh-posh of photos lately, and I thought I’d share them with you, as there are quite a few things I’m excited about. Only one of them is food related, and that’s actually pretty much the only photo I’m not excited about.

My lunch for tomorrow:

IMG_0901
I’ve been feeling very snackish lately, so I decided to take a variety of things to eat while I’m at work. An apple, a few slices of cheese (My lactose intolerant tummy is hating me for that, but you can’t leave cheese in my fridge and expect me to not eat it.) some raw pecans, dried apple snacks, a pumpkin pie alt bar (Not a huge fan, they’re very dry and dense, but I don’t want to waste them.) and some triscuts, honey mustard wheat things (AMAZING) and a handful of dark m&ms.

Most, of not all of my other photos are actually beauty related products, which is odd for me. I normally don’t go head over heals for hair and face stuff.

IMG_0902
I’m a little late on the dry shampoo bandwagon, but I decided to try it. I’ve heard good things about this brand in general, and they don’t test on animals, so I’m excited to try it.

IMG_0904
My Yes to Carrots black friday sale stuff came today!! (UPS sent my package to the wrong place, so it took forever to get here.) I love love love this brand. I’m still waiting on my $2 sale stuff, but I’m excited to try this stuff out. The carrot body butter is amazing, it smells like cabbage patch dolls, if you remember those.

I tried the yes to cucumbers face mask earlier today, and I love it. I can’t stop touching my face it feels so soft!

IMG_0894
I actually do have photos of me with it on, but I’d rather not post those on the internet for all to see.

IMG_0892
Dwight has figured out how to get on top of the fridge and cupboards. I knew it was only a matter of time. In this picture he’s watching me make dinner. I don’t know why he looks so interested, he’s made it very clear we have absolute opposite diets, as he is a strict carnivore, while I’m a veggie gal.

IMG_0903
These are reusable cotton pads. I saw these on Etsy, and knew I could make them with some leftover flannel I had. (What I used the flannel for originally is coming up in a future post!) Now I no longer have to spend money on cotton balls or cotton pads, and they won’t fill up in landfills! (A lot of cotton balls are actually cut with polyester fibers, making them a little less eco friendly). I just cut two circles and zig-zag stitched them together, right sides out. So easy.

I just throw these in a mesh wash bag and throw them in with my laundry. I use them to apply toner, but you could use them to take of makeup as well. I’m making a few more with terry cloth on one side and see if that will work to take off nail polish.

And lastly, there:

IMG_0905
Scandinavian woodland creature cookie cutters!!! I bought these at Ikea after Thanksgiving last year, but never got to use them last Christmas. I don’t like sugar cookies, and have never worked someplace that does Christmas parties or potlucks, and I don’t have a lot of co-workers, so I never make them. My brother is always having office parties at his job, and since he’s not a cook, I told him I’d make some cookies for him to take in. I can’t wait. I’ll definitly post pictures when I get around to making them.

What are you excited about? Besides all the stuff I just showed, I’m just excited for the season in general. Christmas is the best time of the year, the decorations, the snow, spending time with family and friends, as well as giving to others.

About these ads

10 Responses to “Things I’m Excited About”

1. Kathleen December 14, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

Haha, your cat is too funny. Kitties can get into the craziest of places. I love your new profile picture with your little cutie! I also adore your apple holder — where did you get it?! :D

• A Tablespoon of Liz December 27, 2013 at 2:18 pm #

I actually got the apple holder at Kroger’s grocery store, in the clearance section I think. I collect them when I find them, I have an onion, tomato, apple, (red and green, haha) carrot, and celery one!

2. Madison @ Eating 4 Balance December 19, 2013 at 2:07 pm #

I have yet to try dry shampoo yet for a few reasons. 1. With my dark hair I’m worried about finding one that won’t make me look like I have some weird scalp disease/dandruff going on. And 2. I’m pretty sure that I would use it all of the time and never want to wash my hair like normal again.

I’ve heard a lot of great things about the Say Yes To line. I’ll have to try and get some soon. The face products are probably what I’d go for.

Dwight. I love that name. Not named after The Office character, is he?

Cute cookie cutters! I’m always the first to volunteer to bake something for parties too :)

• A Tablespoon of Liz December 27, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

Haha yup, He is named after Dwight Shrute!!
      I was kind of worried about Dry shampoo for those reason too. My hair isn’t that dark, but it’s darker than some. There are brands that make dry shampoos specifically for certain hair types, but I haven’t found any for redheads yet. : (

3. Sophie33 December 22, 2013 at 10:26 am #

Lovely products & great new cookie cutters! I have over more then 250 different cookie cutters & I love them all! I also have the large moose cookie cutter, a gift from a Foodie friend from Canada. Enjoy them all! 😀

• A Tablespoon of Liz December 27, 2013 at 2:20 pm #

Aahhh, I’m so jealous you have that many cookie cutters! Although I’d imagine it’s hard to choose which ones to use when its time to make cookies, haha.

• Sophie33 December 29, 2013 at 4:20 am #

haha,…yes, indeed! ;)

4. Julie December 23, 2013 at 4:09 pm #

So much fun in this post. I’ve never heard of making your own cotton balls and I’m in LOVE with your apple container!

• A Tablespoon of Liz December 27, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

Aww thank you! It’s an awesome container. And it also has a secret little compartment on the bottom. I used it in the photo to store pecans, but I think its made to store peanut butter or whatever dip you want to eat with your apples.

5. Brittany December 28, 2013 at 9:25 am #

I am in Arizona right now, but live in Washington state and the warmth here is SO welcomed!! I walk around in a tank top because it’s 70 degrees, but all the Arizonians are like you’re crazy it’s freezing!! HA! Those cookie cutters are awesome!